Mauser Packaging Solutions team members,
It is hard to believe but 2021 is almost over. We started the year overwhelmed with COVID and are now living through the new Delta and Omicron variants, which are providing complexities as we attempt to return to a more normal life. I am hopeful that the worst is behind us. I continue to ask all of you to take precautionary actions to ensure your safety, and the safety of those around you, particularly during the holiday season.
Mauser has made great progress in 2021 despite challenging circumstances. We made big asks of you this year and you stepped up to meet customer needs and helped us achieve significant year-over-year operational and financial improvement. Your commitment, strength, and incredible work ethic are the backbone of this company and will continue to drive our success.
As 2021 draws to a close, we should remain mindful of the somber moments that have challenged us. The successes we have achieved this year cannot be fully appreciated without acknowledging the tremendous challenges we have also faced.
- In 2021, Mauser Packaging Solutions lost 13 employees to COVID.
- While our lost time incident rate from a safety perspective declined by more than 10%, our total incident rate remained flat.
- Our on-time delivery improved versus 2020 but remained far below the levels our customers expect.
- The inconsistency of our vendors put additional stress on many of you as we were unable to meet our customers’ expectations at times. Yet, because of your commitment, we were able to ultimately keep our customers supplied with product.
Your ingenuity and determination have enabled us to overcome these challenges and succeed despite them. As a result, we have been able to:
- Deliver record financial results for our company.
- Announce Mauser Packaging Solutions’ One Billion Dollar Plan, which will result in huge investment in our people, capital and infrastructure to ensure a great future for all of us.
- Open, or are in the process of opening, new lines in Turkey, South Africa, the United Kingdom, Poland, Germany, the Netherlands, Brazil, China, and Singapore.
- Schedule orders over the next two years for our MMT business because of their ability to provide world class machinery needed to drive future results.
- Expand capacity to further support the needs of our customers.
- Continue to grow the business through growth and acquisition.
- Add technical resources that will support operations and capital investments.
- Realize new sales wins as customers continue to put their trust in our ability to support their businesses.
Thanks for all that you have done in what has been one of the most unpredictable and challenging years in our lives. You have exceeded my expectations.
If the past few years have taught us anything, it is that we cannot predict what a new year will bring. So, I won’t even try to. I see what we accomplished in 2021 and I know what we can accomplish in 2022 if we remain focused and work together. Our EIP and SIP programs provide all of you with the opportunity to contribute to our company’s success and progress.
Again, thanks to all of you, all 11,000+ employees, that show up to work every day and make our company better. My personal goal is to make sure that we provide you and your families with a better life. Without you, we are nothing and with you, we will be able to accomplish doing better, bigger, and bolder things at Mauser to make sure this is a great place to work and a great company to work with.
Happy Holidays to you all and your families.
President and CEO
Mauser Packaging Solutions