We all want to be together with friends and family during the holidays. But, if we want to protect the ones we love, we have to avoid risky situations this year – and that includes the gatherings we hold dear. With some safety tweaks, many holiday traditions can sill be enjoyed with just as must joy.
As you make plans to celebrate the winter holidays, protect yourself and others from COVID-19 by celebrating at home with the people who live with you. In 2020, stay merry and stay home. Reach out to the people you love via holiday cards, phone and video calls.
If you do gather, follow COVID-19 prevention guidelines such as:
- We wish you some social distance. Be social with the people in your household but remember to social distance and mask up when in public or with those that do not live in your household.
- Jingle all the way but ride in your own sleigh. Drive your own car instead of carpooling to essential destinations.
- Zoom in the new year. There’s no better resolution than protecting your family, friends and community by hosting virtual celebrations. If you must gather, remember to stay at least 6 feet away from others who do not live with you and avoid crowded, poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or the same amount of time it takes to sing the first verse of “Deck the Halls.”
- Give yourself a gift and get a flu shot as soon as possible.