Dear Colleagues –
As all of you are aware, the coronavirus continues to spread throughout the globe and has had an impact on the way we live, travel, and attend sporting events and mass gatherings. Europe is now experiencing widespread sustained transmission of respiratory illness caused by the novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19).
Mauser Packaging Solutions continues to follow the guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the European Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (ECDC) and will be taking the following precautionary measures:
Specified European countries are being escalated to Warning Level 3 for entry into the United States. Meaning, United States citizens returning from any of the specified countries in Europe must stay home for 14 days after returning from travel, monitor their health, and practice social distancing. As of 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on March 13, 2020, foreign nationals from any of the specified countries will not be allowed entry into the United States. Countries include:
- Czech Republic
- San Marino
- Vatican City
This new guidance is in addition to the existing CDC Travel Restrictions and Guidance.
As we continue to see increased cases of COVID-19 across the globe, it is every employee’s responsibility to self-assess and disclose travel or exposure. Employee action should include:
- Self-assess before coming to work each day (employees and contractors)
- If you feel sick, stay home and notify your supervisor
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, please contact your personal physician
- Employees should not share the completed self-assessment form unless required by local law
We are monitoring the evolving status of COVID-19 and its potential impact on Mauser Packaging Solutions operations. Our global task force is reviewing the situation daily and applying preparedness and prevention best practices. The task force is sponsored by Ken Roessler, President & CEO and presided by Bruno Couteille, EVP Human Resources. Members include Patrick Sheller, EVP & General Counsel, Ingo Plesterninks, VP of Human Resources – International Packaging, and Kimberly Braam, Communications Manager.
We will continue to closely monitor the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the European Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (ECDC) and rely on their expertise and recommendations. With added preparedness measures in place, Mauser Packaging Solutions facilities and offices across the globe are open for business as usual. Proactive measures will continue to be put in place as necessary to limit potential exposure and risk. To ensure the safety of our employees and visitors, we have taken these key actions:
- Increased the number of alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations in facilities and offices.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols throughout facilities and offices, food areas, break areas, and restrooms.
- Provided hand washing and wellness reminders that should be posted prominently in public areas.
- Encouraged all employees to utilize technology, such as Skype, WebEx, video conferencing or other virtual means when available to conduct meetings as an alternative to travel.
- Prohibited corporate travel to China, South Korea, Iran, Italy, Japan.
- Enforced an escalated Warning Level 3 for the Schengen area of Europe (this enforcement is applicable to foreign national entry to the U.S. or U.S. citizens returning from travel abroad).
- Required that the self-assessment and travel and exposure disclosure be completed by all contractors before entering a facility or office.
- Require that all facilities and offices decline all visitors and customer visits. Customers who must come to a facility or office will require the approval of the Business Unit President.
- Employees are asked to stay home if they are not well.
The “What you need to Know” employee and leader resource available on MauserNOW has been updated and is attached. Please continue to visit MauserNOW for the latest information and materials related to COVID-19 and guidance issued by Mauser Packaging Solutions.
The health and safety of our colleagues continues to be our top priority. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will provide further guidance and updates as appropriate. Thank you for your understanding and support for implementing these precautions. If you have any questions, please contact your local HR team.
EVP Human Resources