Dear Colleagues –
As you may be aware, the infection rate due to COVID-19 (coronavirus) has increased in countries outside of China. Mauser Packaging Solutions global and regional teams are actively monitoring these developments and providing updated guidance, such as the following, to help protect the health and wellbeing of our colleagues and partners.
- We encourage all employees to utilize technology, Skype, WebEx, video conferencing or other virtual means when available to conduct meetings.
- All corporate travel to China, South Korea, Iran, Italy, and Japan is prohibited effective immediately and until further notice. There should be no travel to the impacted areas unless receiving approval from the Company’s Executive Committee.
As Mauser Packaging Solutions follows the guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance, we will be taking the following precautionary measures:
- All visitors/employees are asked to complete a self-assessment and exposure disclosure daily at start of shift.
- Employees who have traveled to CDC Alert Level 2 and Warning Level 3 countries are required to report travel information (countries, dates of travel, etc.) to their managers/HR manager and work from home for at least 14 days from the time he/she left the medium-to-high risk countries. A medical release from a physician written on day 13 or 14 of quarantine is required to return to work when the quarantine expires.
- Employees who have had high exposure to people who have recently been in CDC Warning Level 3 countries (such as family visitors from out of town) are required to report the exposure and work from home for at least 14 days from date of contact. A medical release from a physician written on day 13 or 14 of quarantine is required to return to work when the quarantine expires.
- If an employee returns from any country whose rating is elevated to a risk category within the two weeks following their return, the employee is required to report travel information (countries, dates of travel, etc.) to their managers/HR manager. The employee will be immediately sent to work from home for at least 14 days from the time he/she left the risk countries. A medical release from a physician written on day 13 or 14 of quarantine is required to return to work when the quarantine expires.
- Any visitor who has visited a CDC Alert Level 2 or Warning Level 3 country or has been exposed to a person who has recently been in a CDC Warning 3 country, is not allowed in the facility for at least 14 days from the time he/she left the risk countries.
- Contingency plans have been enacted in Asian facilities.
- The above Mauser Packaging Solutions guidelines are the minimum actions that should be taken. Local or regional requirements should be implemented with the approval of business unit management.
**CDC defines exposure or high exposure as a 30-minute conversation, which takes place within 6 ft.
Additional Local Guidance:
In addition to these measures, it is important that you also follow any guidance from your local management team, as well as guidance from community resources such as departments of health and/or education, government officials and other civic groups.
General Health Advice:
Please follow the CDC standard recommendations for infection prevention, which include regular hand washing and covering your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. You should avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness, such as coughing and sneezing. For more information, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Follow simple preventive measures to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. These include:
- Increase your own awareness.
- Avoid handshaking and kissing on the cheek during greetings.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available. (if not present in a location, locations should now order dispensers locally)
- Keep a respectable distance from others (at least 6 ft.) during discussions.
As the situation is changing rapidly, it is important that you stay connected to our communications channels, so that you have the latest information and guidance. Please visit MauserNOW for the latest information and materials related to COVID-19 and guidance issued by Mauser Packaging Solutions.
The health and safety of our colleagues continues to be our top priority. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will provide further guidance and updates as appropriate. Thank you for your understanding and support for implementing these precautions. If you have any questions, please contact your local HR team.
EVP Human Resources